If you decide that laser hair removal is a treatment you would like to undergo, do your research. Choose a doctor or practioner who’s certified insured and registed with the relevant authorites for laser, dermatology or cosmetic surgery and has experience with laser hair removal treatments. Please be cautious of which laser techology is to be used. Not all techology is the same and suitable for all skin types. Try and avoid places that offer huge huge discounts, these places are like a cattle market and may not offer the level of personal service and after care required during a laser hair removal procedure. Skinlogica Laser Hair Removal and Aesthetic clinic has over 11 years experience with laser hair removal procedures, and all of the above is relevant, so you know you are in safe hands.
Once you have done your research and decide to take the next step, book a no obligation laser hair removal consultation with the laser practioner who will be carrying out the treatment, not just any member of the staff.
The laser practioner will cover the following:
- Review your medical history, including medication use, history of skin disorders or scarring, and past hair removal procedures
- Discuss risks, benefits and expectations, including what laser hair removal can and can’t do for you
- Take photos to be used for before-and-after assessments and long-term reviews
- Discuss the risks assoctiated with laser hair removal and how to minimise them
- Discuss how you should perpare for laser hair removal and the protocols
- Discuss the treatment plan with you and related costs and payment plans
- Carry out a patch test after you are happy to go ahead with laser hair removal.